Job Id: 573
The 5G Software team develops software for the next generation of modems. The test engineer will work closely with software systems and firmware engineers to develop test cases test tools and test environments with a specific focus on automation. Troubleshooting and test execution are also major components of this position. Primary responsibility will be system integration and test with focus on test creation execution and issue triage. Additional focus on automation framework development and maintenance along with pre-silicon testing and first silicon bring-up is also an expectation of the position. Engineer must be willing to travel on occasion and be able to work well with others in a fast paced technical environment.
• MS in Electrical Engineering Computer Science or related field.
• Scripting experience specifically in Perl and/or Python
• Test methodologies debug and test development
• Software development in a real-time environment including data structures and OS concepts
• Wireless communication systems (or DSP)
• Relevant experience with system test
• Experience in wireless communication and embedded devices
• Experience with communications systems including both physical and upper layers and knowledge in evaluating wireless communications systems through log analysis isolating issues