Job Id: 1006
TOP 5 REQUIRED SKILLS:
1. 1+ years of experience with LTE/5G
2. Exposure to any programming language (Python Shell Scripting C C++)
3. Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as Keysight Anite R&S Agilent Spirent Aeroflex and Anuritsu for wireless telephony product verification
4. Handset test experience
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Information Systems or Computer Science
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
*Frequently transports between offices buildings and campuses up to 1/2 mile
*Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs
*Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g. standing or sitting)
*Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day
*Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues customers and vendors both in person and remotely
As a leading technology innovator Qualcomm pushes the boundaries of what's possible to enable next-generation experiences and drives digital transformation to help create a smarter connected future for all. As a Qualcomm Software Engineer you will design develop create modify and validate embedded and cloud edge software applications and/or specialized utility programs that launch cutting-edge world class products that meet and exceed customer needs. Qualcomm Software Engineers collaborate with systems hardware architecture test engineers and other teams to design system-level software solutions and obtain information on performance requirements and interfaces.
* 1+ years of experience with Programming Languages such as C C++ Java Python etc.
* 1+ years of experience with Database Management Software
* 1+ years of experience with API
* 1+ years of work experience with GIT Perforce or Source Code Management Systems
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Applies Software knowledge to assist and support the design development creation modification and validation of embedded and cloud edge software applications and/or specialized utility programs.
* Analyzes user needs and software requirements.
* Designs and implements small software features for products and systems.
* Participates in the design coding for small features unit testing minor debugging fixes and integration efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
* Assists in performing code reviews and regression tests as well as the triaging of issues to ensure the quality of code.
* Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
* Writes technical documentation for Software projects
Level of Responsibility:
* Works under supervision
* Decision-making affects direct area of work and/or work group
* Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey basic routine factual information
* Tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning problem-solving and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively.